Thursday, February 17, 2011

Swoon by Nina Malkin



Release Date: May 4, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 432
Source
: Bought
Buy the Book
: Amazon
Synopsis:
Torn from her native New York City and dumped in the land of cookie-cutter preps, Candice is resigned to accept her posh, dull fate. Nothing ever happens in Swoon, Connecticut...until Dice's perfect, privileged cousin Penelope nearly dies in a fall from an old tree, and her spirit intertwines with that of a ghost. His name? Sinclair Youngblood Powers. His mission? Revenge. And while Pen is oblivious to the possession, Dice is all too aware of Sin. She's intensely drawn to him -- but not at all crazy about the havoc he's wreaking. Determined to exorcise the demon, Dice accidentally sets Sin loose, gives him flesh, makes him formidable. Now she must destroy an even more potent -- and irresistible -- adversary, before the whole town succumbs to Sin's will. Only trouble is, she's in love with him.What do you do when the boy of your dreams is too bad to be true?

There are a lot of conflicting reviews I have read about this book. I could agree with the fact that the book was slow in some parts but the characters were so well developed, I was able to overlook it with no problem



 Swoon was a dark, and edgy read. I really enjoyed Malkin's style of writing and I found my self  eagerly turning the pages and anticipating Dice's next move. She was an interesting characters to read about. I felt so in tune with her thought and opinions. I understood why she was so conflicted in her feelings, especially when it came to Sin. Hmm....Sin is that guy you just can't hate even when you know you should. He's witty and ruthless. Not to mention gorgeous. It was easy to see why Dice would fall for him.


In truth, Swoon is not a book everyone will love, but I enjoyed it and I'm looking foward to its sequel, Swear.

1 comments:

brandileigh2003 said...

Thanks for the review- I've been meaning to pick this one up, and since I like edgy, maybe it will be my thing.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...