Monday, February 21, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
Release Date: October 1, 2008
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 374
Source
: Bought
Buy the Book
: Amazon

Synopsis:

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch
Couldn't. Put. It. Down. Wow, this book ends on such a cliff hanger. The suspense is killing me! Suzanne Collins has done a great job by keeping my on my toes with this one. I did not see any of this coming.


While book one was a little stronger, I like the direction the author takes with this. The plot was constructed in such a way that it would be near-impossible to predict. And despite its constant twisting and turning, we didn't lose track of Katniss or the people she loves.


We get to see more of Gale and the love triangle. When it comes to Gale/Katniss and Peeta/Katniss I have to say I'm Team Peeta. He's won me over from the beginning.  I really to see them end up together. 


I can't wait to get started on Mockingjay. I'm glad I don't have to wait a whole year to read it. I don't how people survived with the suspense.




1 comments:

Getting Your Read On said...

Loved this book too! Can't wait to see what you think of Mockingjay. I've always been team Peeta. When anyone starts talking about this series I lend a big "sigh" and say, "I love Peeta." Happy reading!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...